Creating The Learning Environment Saturday March 14

First step was to decide how to log my learning! I did a google images search of learning logs but did not find anything inspiring so I did a regular web search and Blogger came up as one of the top 5 learning log apps. (https://edtechtoday.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/top-5-tools-learning-logs/) This is my first time using a blog which is awesome because I am always so in favour of using technology so not only am I learning about the module I am learning how to use Blogger at the same time.
 
I reviews all the sections for Module 5 and here are some of my thoughts...
Prior to taking this course I had a very limited understanding of what the library was though this was probably because my understanding was based on a very outdated notion of what encompassed the library. The Section “Creating the Learning Environment” states that “Today’s school library space not only encompasses physical facility but also its virtual space” this is a more abstract sense of library space but is nonetheless very much part of the Library learning commons. This module states that “Most of us will never create a new library facility but will in fact “take over” one and inherit its design, space and previous teacher” for me this is true of the physical library space but not for the virtual space for the library at my school which does not exist. I am excited to create an online profile for our school library to extend its space into the virtual realm and better meet the learning needs of our students.
The learning plan for me is to continue to read in greater detail Module 5 Creating the Learning Environment as well as to refresh what I learned in Module 2 - Enhancing Learning through Technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikispaces: Another first for me

Sunday March 15 What is a Learning Commons? Continued