Thinking today about resources that will further my understanding and assist me in supporting the needs of all learning. 

The first, is a very well known resource for educators, EduGains (http://www.edugains.ca/newsite/HOME/index.html). I really like the way that it has some of the key Ministry of Education documents "floating" in a circle at the top of the page. It makes it very friendly to navigate some of the latest information. Within this circle of documents you can click on the "Learning For All" document and it takes you to another page with 4 slides, one of which takes you to a video from the Provincial Network Team providing further information about the things teachers can do to ensure the highest learning for all students in their classroom. 

Another resource that I am hoping will help to increase the success of all my students specifically in Mathematics is Mathies. http://oame.on.ca/mathies/index.html. The site is designed with the Ontario Math Curriculum in mind for K-12 and has content for teachers, students and parents. Some of the content requires login information from a school board. I look forward to learning about this resource in more detail come August when I participate in my board's Professional development specifically on this site and what is has to offer all learners. 

Finally, I need some further knowledge and understanding of the First Nations Métis and Inuit ways of knowing and perspectives. The following resource on Ontario treaties (https://www.ontario.ca/page/treaties) will help me to grow in my understanding of the social issues surrounding the First Nations people as well as to help my students to understand the history and the truth of Canada's relationship with the First Nations. If you check out the link you will see the important lessons various children learned from having Indigenous speakers come to their classrooms, speaking to the importance of keeping promises and how that translates into respect. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wikispaces: Another first for me

Sunday March 15 What is a Learning Commons? Continued